You don’t have to log on to your Facebook account to chat with your friends. Instead install first official Facebook desktop app and discover an all new way of staying connected with your Facebook contacts.
Reasons why you should have Facebook Messenger desktop app
- You can access Facebook chat without logging on to your Facebook account and it is one of the easiest ways to stay connected to your paramount Facebook friends regardless of where you are.
- This app lets you stay in touch with your friends while you are connected to the web; while playing online games, watching a video or while you are surfing the web.
- You get to see your friends’ updates, message and other notifications as and when they happen.
- This messenger app bypasses firewall restrictions set up by schools, universities or at work.
- This user friendly messenger operates on cross platform systems and can be installed on a majority of Operating Systems.
If you are looking for one of the best ways to keep in touch with your Facebook folks, go ahead and download this desktop app on your PC. This app is available for PC running on Windows XP, Windows 7 or the Windows Vista platform.
Installing Messenger for Windows app
You can install this app in simple steps.
- Log on to the official website of Facebook www.facebook.com.
- At the bottom of the page you will come across options like Mobile, Find Friends, Music, About, Create an Ad, Create a Page, Developers and Privacy among others. Select the Apps option from the list.
- You will land of the Facebook Apps Center page. On the left hand side of the page, you will see the category list of apps like Games, Lifestyle, Music, News, Facebook and Sports among other categories. Select Facebook from the list.
- Select the Facebook Messenger for Windows app. You will land on the app’s official page.
- You will have to log on to your Facebook account.
- Towards the right hand side of the webpage, you will find the tab Visit Website.
- Select the tab and you will reach the installation page. Click on the option Install Now.
- You will come across a small pop up window that guide you through the installation process. You can close the window or have it open.
- To install this app click on Run option. This app takes a few minutes to install.
Having installed this app you can start chatting from your desktop without logging on to Facebook.
Logging in and logging out of Facebook Messenger
- To log in to Messenger app you must click on to the app’s icon that appears on the Window’s system tray.
- This app will open up and ask for your email id and password. Enter the same and you will be logged on to this app.
- Similarly to log off this app, you must right click on the app’s icon that sits on the Windows system tray and select the Log Out option.
Once you have successfully logged off this app you can continue using Facebook.
Uninstalling this app
Follow the simple steps to uninstall this app.
- This app will not uninstall if you it is up and running on your PC. Right click on this app’s icon on the Windows taskbar and select Exit option.
- Click on the Start Menu. Go to Control Panel. Then select the option Uninstall a Program. From the list that appears select Facebook Messenger.
- Just in case this app is still running, you can click on Exit. It will be completely uninstalled.
If you have trouble of any kind while working with Facebook Messenger app for Windows, visit the Help Center on facebook.
Carlene Masker is a technology enthusiast who is fond of writing helpful tips and fresh tidbits of information about the different fields in technology and innovation. She is currently working with Telco Services where you can find the latest information on Verizon FiOS deals.